Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Looneytown

Halifax day yet again, and I am in arguably my favorite place in Canada. I admittedly have seen very little Canada in my day. Nonetheless, the Wired Monk has provided me hours of internet and lots of coffee. Bless them.

Today began pretty strangely. I didn't sleep very well due to a too-firm pillow and some weird dreams, then I was awoken at 5:45 by the voice of the cruise director telling us to disregard the alarm sounds, there had been a small fire in the buffet that had been contained. WHAT? They make a very big deal about fire on the ship (no open flames allowed ever), so it was a strange thing to hear in the morning. I got up with my phone alarm, which had changed to local Canada time, so I unwittingly got up an hour ealier than I planned, but I worked out and went to breakfast anyway. See, the thing about this ship business....I sleep a lot. I am easily making up for 4 years of not sleeping. My body is thanking me for it.

Our show changed nights this run for reasons unknown, so we have a free night tonight. The cast has planned to have dinner and then meet to talk about a special video project. It's great to feel creative when you have so much downtime. It's really hard to get motivated when you have so much time on your hands. I'm lucky to be working with such a funny and creative cast. Whenever we discuss ideas, it's like a bunch of puzzle pieces that just fall into place. Awesome.

Tomorrow I'll see Bar Harbor, Maine for the first time (I'm sorry I missed you last time, Rance). Countdown to reposition cruise: 11 days.

1 comment:

Martha Sullivan said...

Looks like you've lost interest in the blogging....or did you drop your laptop over the edge of the ship. Let's have some more pics and what about Kevin Kline? ttyl