Monday, October 8, 2007

Boattown, USA

I'm here! The flight yesterday into NYC was flawless, which was good news for this Neurotic Nancy! I'm apprehensive about the whole 33,000 feet above earth thing.

I've taken some great pictures, and guess what, the boat internet is refusing to let me upload them. Rrrrrr. I may have to try again when we're in port tomorrow or Wed. Nova Scotia here we come!

In lieu of photos, I'll tell you that I saw NYC for the first time. Hot dogs stands, cabs, Madison Ave, someone actually walked in front of our van and shouted "Hey, I'm walking here!" moments after we did bits about it happening. Our sail off yesterday was amazing. We saw the Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building and ol' Lady Liberty herself. (imagine my awesome pictures) It made me giddy about actually going into the city when we're back in port next week.

For today...rehearsal. The show open Wednesday night. We're all very excited for it, and it couldn't be coming together better.

In boat news, I slept really well with the rocking. I'm happily not only NOT seasick, but I enjoy the movement. Note to self, don't get drunk while at sea. The motion would not be helfpul at that point.

All in all, things are good. I miss Chicago tons. But this water thing....not bad.

No comments: