Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boston 13, Rockies 1?

I don't get to see the World Series on the ship, but boy did I see the score. Ouch. Come on, Rockies! Prove you can do it on your first try! My Denver roots are really pulling at my heart right now.

And ironically....I'm in Boston today. It's a great city, I can't be too upset. We walked into Quincy Market from the port this morning, and I walked into fire alarms going off (a theme for this week) but no one reacting one bit. Clearly a false alarm....or so I hoped. Seems to be, since they were eventually shut off. Weird.

Yesterday was good, despite my having slept about two hours the night before. The ship hit some weather and the rocking was violent. I finally fell asleep as we approached Bar Harbor, only to be awoken by the announcements to go through immigration. I sleepily entered Bar Harbor and was charmed by the little town. I got some great pictures which I haven't gotten the chance to transfer to the old computer yet, but I will soon. Rest assured, dear reader.

Last night's scripted shows went quite well. We got a huge response from added bits regarding the false fire alarm from earlier in the week. Yes! Shared experience bits = failsafe humor.

I get to see my friend Andrew today! He goes to school in Boston, so we're meeting up before I head back to the ship. It's nice to see friendly faces along this journey.

I hope all my friendly faces back in Chicago (and elsewhere) are well!

1 comment:

Ali P. said...

Yeah, usually I'd root for Boston, but I'm pulling for the Rockies this year. (They have a pitcher nicknamed "The Dragonslayer" come on!)