Tuesday, October 16, 2007

At Sea

Naaaa....na...na..nananana....


Hey Jude.
St. Pat's. Wow.Kimmers!!! Nice room, lady. And thanks for lunch!



Monday is our sea day for this itinerary. With no intention to get out and see a new town, the day could be quite lazy. Or it could be a good working day. Today we have an improv rehearsal to try out new games for our Thursday sets. An improv jam at sea? Come on!

The New York weekend was awesome. I’m pretty much in love with the city. Saturday was sight seeing day with the cast. We visited Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and spent hours walking in Central Park. The day ended with what may be the best pizza I’ve ever had at a place called Ray’s. Oh Chicago, I’ve cheated on you. I love your stuffed pizza, but NY tempts me with its thin, flexible crust. James, while eating two slices and two meatball rolls: “This meatball roll is made out of sex it’s so good.”

Sunday was another beautiful day. I started out at St. Patrick’s for the 9 am mass. It’s a gorgeous cathedral, but it’s geared toward tourism, so they crank out masses every 45 minutes and kindly ask people to move along once they’ve gotten their pictures of the Blessed Sacrament. Either way, I’ve found a church for the next few Sundays.

I got to meet up with Kim later on Sunday and she took me to a great diner in the East Village where she lives. She also treated me to Pink Berry, all the rage in yogurt treats! The big news: I successfully navigated the subway. Sure they’re more complicated than El trains, but they are pretty convenient.

In the end, the Chicago-New York showdown is a tie. The pizzas are basically two different foods. Not comparable. Both amazing. And while the El trains are more self explanatory, the subway was shockingly clean. When I have a million dollars, I’ll own homes in both cities.

2 comments:

Matt said...

You're going to need waaay more than a million dollars to own homes in Chicago and NYC.

cnowen said...

If you're in NYC again and want to see a (old) familiar face, send me a note, I'm just a tunnel away :)