Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Spirits of the Spirit

I can’t really report on my parents’ visit until I can properly post pictures. In light of this, I will instead have to report on the goings-on of last night…GHOST HUNT!!!!! Apparently the ship formerly known as the Star Leo harbors some haunters, primarily in the Stardust theatre. So five brave souls set out on a journey for the departed. At midnight we met in the girls’ dressing room. Chantal was sorely disappointed that I had not brought along my computer to show her pictures that my mother had taken which appeared to include “ombres” (Chantal-speak for orbs). So I went back to my room to collect my evidence. Upon my return Chantal, Nick, Peter and James were sitting back stage amid the band set-up, enjoying the darkness and the creepy ship noises that come along with moving at minimal speed in choppy waters. I showed my pictures and Chantal confirmed, yep those are certified ombres. After Nick repeatedly told me to kill my laptop because the light as scaring the spirits away (really, Nick??), we sat in the dark until the vacuuming was done in the house (spoooooky vacuuming). We then moved into the house, and Nick the techmaster turned the lights out and we moved from seat to seat taking photos (try without your flash, Chantal!) and seeing if we could feel any cold breezes or mysterious taps on the shoulder. I admit a cold spot or two were felt, but I never went running. Ultimately, the darkened quiet Stardust was extremely peaceful. After much scientific experimentation (e.g. sitting and waiting), our ghosthunters retired one by one. In the wee hours before we finally packed it in, a group of very drunk passengers burst into the theatre to take pictures and be a-holes on our stage. Nick thought quickly and turned the houselights on, sending them running. That alone was worth the whole evening of waiting.

Our conclusions:
- Orbs exist but they hate really high-tech cameras
- Ghosts are people who don’t realize they’re dead…and really love On Broadway
- If the ghosts date all the way back to when the Star Leo was born, then we’re talking spooks from ’97…they probably don’t even carry cell phones!
- Sitting in an empty theatre late at night is decidedly something we won’t regularly do on land
- Demi Moore and Cameron Diaz were much hotter with longer hair

Stay tuned for our next installment of Ghost Hunters….

No comments: